This project is read-only.

Tree Multi Picker doesn't support Umbraco 4.5+

Jul 15, 2011 at 4:09 AM

I upgraded my umbraco from 4.0.* to 4.7 recently and found this package didn't work for my project any more.

The selected data on left side hasn't been lost, but the "tree picker control" on the right side threw an error.

Then I downloaded the source(0.6.1 source or 0.7 source is ok) and built the solution to .net 4, then deployed treeMultiPicker.dll to my website folder, then the problem was resolved.

Aug 2, 2011 at 7:02 AM
Edited Aug 2, 2011 at 7:04 AM

Hi All, Last time I resolved an error of Multi Picker, but there's still some problem here. For example, the tree doesn't show the children nodes under the parent node which you set in DataTypes.

Right hand is always show the children of Content ( Home, YourFolder_1, YourFolder2,......)

I've resolved this issue this week. You can open the source solution and just correct one line code in Page_Load method, treeMultiPickerInit.aspx.cs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PlaceHolderTree.Controls.Add(
            new LiteralControl(
                GetWebFxLoadTreeMethod(
                    StartNode.Text,
                   bTree.GetTreeServiceUrl(StartNode.NodeID),// This is incorrect and cause the content tree doesn't work correctly
                    "",
                    StartNode.Icon,
                    StartNode.OpenIcon,
                    StartNode.NodeType,
                    StartNode.NodeID,
                    "")));
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You just need to change this code to "StartNode.Source", like following:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PlaceHolderTree.Controls.Add(
            new LiteralControl(
                GetWebFxLoadTreeMethod(
                    StartNode.Text,
                   StartNode.Source,// Change old code  to this one
                    "",
                    StartNode.Icon,
                    StartNode.OpenIcon,
                    StartNode.NodeType,
                    StartNode.NodeID,
                    "")));

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then compile you project and replace the old .dll file.

Aug 3, 2011 at 7:52 PM

I did the same, it compiled but just doesn't seem to work, even if I try to sync tree. It just doesn't show any tree at all. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Aug 8, 2011 at 8:59 AM
jp__ wrote:

I did the same, it compiled but just doesn't seem to work, even if I try to sync tree. It just doesn't show any tree at all. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Hi mate,

I fixed this issue by changing some code, see my second reply on Aug 2 at 2:02 PM, I said:

Original code:

bTree.GetTreeServiceUrl(StartNode.NodeID),// This is incorrect and cause the content tree doesn't work correctly

So you should change code as I mentioned upon, then complied your solution, replace the old .dll file.

If needs, could you please leave your email here, I can attach the correct .dll file and send it to you.